For educators, caring about the future of our students is part of the job, and pushing for a more sustainable world is one way we can ensure that our learners thrive long after they leave our classroom for the last time.
If you want to implement sustainability in your classroom, then this sustainable educator consulting session is for you!
Looking for sustainability consulting as a traveler, small business owner, educator, or individual?
I have specific pages for each of those topics!
My own teaching background
My teaching background is varied. I have taught learners of all ages and abilities in the UK, Indonesia, and the US, with experience in TEFL, English language arts, science, history, and social studies.
I have implemented sustainable practices throughout my teaching career in some of the following ways.
- I established a zero waste classroom for my middle schoolers.
- I designed a high school curriculum in which I facilitated students taking action on environmental issues through project-based learning.
- I emphasized the importance of sustainability in my life skill advisory classes through Kagan cooperative learning activities and occasional games.
- I incorporated sustainability content within various lesson plans that still addressed Common Core and other learning standards.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”Mahatma Gandhi
How can I help you?
You may choose to get some broad advice for implementing more sustainability into your classroom, or we can even write a green-themed lesson plan or curriculum outline together.
If you haven’t yet started your teaching career, I am also happy to give you any advice on getting into the field.
After our call, I will provide you with a “Sustainable Educator Checklist” document and some sample lesson plans across multiple subjects, which you are welcome to share with any of your colleagues!
Education truly is one of my passions, and I absolutely love writing lesson plans and curriculum, buuuut classroom management of young learners was just too exhausting for me to handle long-term, so I am much better suited to this behind-the-scenes work!
How it works
The sustainable educator session structure is as follows:
- Send me an email with a quick summary of what you’d like my input and guidance on.
- Within 1-3 days, I’ll reply with my upcoming availability*, and we can schedule a voice or video call. I like to schedule a week in advance so that I have adequate time to ask you follow-up questions and do any research that is needed to best help you.
- The call will last 20-40 minutes. I’ll provide guidance and give you plenty of time to ask any additional questions.
- A day or two later, you will receive an email with a summary of what we covered, resources I said I would provide, and any other applicable information. I will also address any of your questions that I may have been unable to answer during our call.
- If you would like clarification on anything after you receive the session summary, I am happy to provide a free 10 minute follow-up call within the following month.
- You will receive a 10% discount if you choose to book any future consulting sessions.
*I do not book sessions more than one month in advance. Typical availability is weekdays between 9:30-11:30 am Eastern US time (GMT-5), but I can usually be flexible with enough advance notice. If you need a time slot outside that window, please include your best times in your first email to me, and I’ll let you know what days I can accommodate your request!
Current pricing is $50 per 20-40 minute session with an optional 10 minute followup call.